Sunday, October 28, 2007

"Where shopping is a pleasure"

Before last summer, I had never experienced life without a Publix grocery store. In March of 2006 my parents moved to North Carolina and the grocery store scene there is not a pretty sight.

How are Bi-Lo and Ingles supposed to stand up to the brightly-lit, well-organized aisles of my local Publix? Whenever my mom comes to visit me at school, she comes up with any excuse to go to Publix. She relishes taking me grocery shopping to stock my house, a formerly hated task.

If you visit the three stores Web site's you can see that the other two do not hold a candle to Publix, even it's Web site is the prettiest.

But now down to the nitty-gritty of a grocery store. While browsing the aisles of one of my favorite Publix's (located at 34th Street and University Avenue) I found myself in a very happy place; the dairy aisle. The selection and quality of the food at Publix cannot be beat. I find myself taking things off the shelves at random, just because they are so pleasingly packaged. When I'm buying the "Publix brand" food I don't feel like I'm buying an off-brand, like I do when buying food from Bi-Lo.

I just love Publix, because even though shopping there inspires me to fill my cart with only healthy foods (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), everything I buy looks delicious under those bright lights.

No comments: