Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Late night eats: unnecessary and awkward.

Let's not kid ourselves people. You don't have to be under the influence of anything but hunger to get a little craving for some late night Pita Pit, Five Star Pizza, Jimmy Johns or even Whataburger. But immediately after eating you might get the familiar remorseful feelings, I know I do.

"Where did all that cheesy bread go?"

"Why did I eat that Number Seven with extra cheese?"

"I wonder how many calories are in a tacquito."

I don't have to get on my soapbox to tell you how bad eating fast food late at night is for you. But when you live in a place like Gainesville, late night eating takes on a whole new dimension. It's a small enough town just with the people who live there, but when you mix visitors in with the students it gets even smaller.

So, I warn you, if you're not ready for an awkward run-in, please don't leave your house in the middle of the night to hit up one of those popular late-night eating establishments. Especially if you are in your pajamas. There is a 99.9999 (and that's a legitimately made-up statistic) percent chance that you will run into someone you know and do not want to see.

So hopefully this post encourages you to stay home, no matter how loud your stomach is growling.

No comments: