Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It's D'Lite-ful

Marketplace Plaza, on Northwest 16th Boulevard, is home to one of the most popular places in Gainesville. No it's not a bar, a club, a clothing store or even a real restaurant. It's D'Lites Emporium; a store that serves up tasty soft-serve treats at only 80 calories for an 8 ounce cup.
I love D'Lites for a little after dinner snack, along with almost every other sorority girl on campus. Tuesday through Thursday nights after dinner is over is the prime time for sorority girls to hit up D'Lites, myself included. I think every night, someone stands up at dinner and says, "we're going to D'Lites after dinner if anyone wants to come."
It's a great place to go and socialize with girls from other chapters, a tasty snack after the gym, and a guilt-free way to have great dessert. I know I sound like an ad for D'Lites but I just love it that much.
D'Lites is healthier than TCBY, another delicious low-fat dessert choice, and even though it's a little bit further away, totally worth it. D'Lites has a ton of flavors and they rotate every day, with chocolate and vanilla as constants. For example, a just a few of the flavors they have this week are Baby Ruth, chocolate pudding, hazelnut, strawberry cheesecake and butterscotch.
I had never had D'Lites before moving to Gainesville, but apparently they have stores in Orlando and South Florida. I've grown to love it but I don't think I can find an equivalent in the town of Burnsville, NC, where my parents live.

1 comment:

floridanative64 said...

D'Lites has opened a new store in the Publix Shopping Center on the corner of 34th Street and Williston Road, a couple of blocks down from the BIG Post Office. The address is 5218 SW 34th Street, and the phone is 352-378-2969. Check out today's flavors at www.gatordlites.com!